Patient Access Representative
40 hours per pay period
Job ID: R054224
Primary Location: Bismarck, North Dakota
Essentia Health - Mid Dakota Bismarck Gateway Clinic
This position greets customers and facilitates the patient registration process in a timely, professional, and courteous manner. Interviews and obtains demographic and financial information from patients or their representatives through face-to-face and virtual interactions to provide Essentia Health with the documents and data necessary to ensure appropriate care and compliant, accurate patient registration and billing. This position serves as liaisons between patients and Virtual Patient Registration Representatives and Patient Schedulers. They must be able to complete patient checkout, schedule follow-up appointments per the physician’s order, and provide patients with cost estimates and itineraries for their upcoming appointments.
- Interviews patients to obtain complete demographic details, financial information, and minimum health information to ensure appropriate care provision
- Obtains copies of insurance cards and other forms of identification, and updates patient information in the medical record as necessary
- Performs point of service data collection, including identifying and collecting patient co-payments and down payments, reconciles the cash drawer, and reports daily deposit records associated with the collection of co-payments to ensure accurate accounting of revenue
- Maintains all assigned work queues according to supervisor’s instructions and guidance
- Interacts positively and in a caring manner with patients, co-workers, and others to provide highest level of customer service
- Answers incoming phone calls, schedules appointments, and refers to clinical team as needed
- Sanitizes registration equipment between each use and restocks basic supplies
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- Previous Patient Access Representative or Patient Scheduler experience
- Completion of Healthcare Business Insight’s Patient Access 2nd Level Certification Program within six months of hire date
Day Rotation (United States of America)
$15.46 - $23.19 / hour
The approximate base compensation range is posted, but the actual offer will reflect our total compensation and benefits package. The offer will be determined by a number of factors including the selected candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, FTE, as well as internal equity among our team.
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox