Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist/Pediatric Trauma Coordinator
Job ID: R026248
Primary Location: Duluth, Minnesota
St Marys Medical Center
45100 Nursing Administration
Acts as a clinical expert in the diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the delivery of evidence-based nursing interventions. Is an expert in executing delegated medical regimens associated with the diagnosis and treatment of disease for a specialty population. Possesses advanced knowledge of the science of nursing with a specialty focus and applies that knowledge to nursing assessments, diagnoses, and interventions. Functions independently to assure the provision of evidence-based nursing care to patients/clients in their attainment of health goals. Acting within three spheres of influence: patient care, nursing practice, and the healthcare system environment, designs innovative evidence-based interventions, collaborates with other nurses to advance nursing practice with a focus on outcomes, and provides clinical expertise to affect system-wide changes to improve programs of care. Position may also assume the duties of a Pediatric Trauma Program Coordinator.
Masters or doctoral degree as a CNS.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in appropriate state.
Current certification in CPR.
National certification as a CNS.
Pediatric CNS / Pediatric Trauma Coordinator
Join a team of three clinical nurse specialists and five trauma surgeons in a collaborative work environment in a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. 80% Patient Care 20% non-clinical
- Coordinate, supervise, and evaluate functions and activities of special programs and projects within area of expertise
- Leadership through chairing multiple Essentia Health nursing and interdisciplinary councils and projects
- Clinical Role includes practicing Case Management with complex discharge planning on Peds/PICU. Additionally, within NICU, and Birthplace as requested. Through daily care rounds mentors Pediatric Nurses in advancing their practice to promote quality and safety for our patients and families.
- Educator skills utilized by providing Pediatric Specialty education such as Pediatric Critical Care Course, Pediatric Oncology Education, Pediatric Trauma Education and mandatory education. Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor and Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course Instructor.
- Serves as Pediatric Trauma Program Coordinator
- Oversees Pediatric Policy and Guideline development and updates. Responsible for bringing evidence-based practice to Pediatric/Pediatric Critical Care/Pediatric Oncology/Pediatric Trauma care
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers
Theresa Madrinich, Recruiter
FTE Flex Days
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings right in your inbox.