80 hours per pay period
Additional Location(s): Superior, WI
Job ID: R047321
Primary Location: Duluth, Minnesota
St Marys Medical Center
Responsible for offering sacramental ministry to patients and their families, ages 0 and up on a twenty-four hour per day basis and celebrating daily liturgy in the Medical Center Chapel. Services include but are not limited to, individual patient/resident support related to spiritual care and sacramental ministry, family support and prayer as well as employee support. Fostering an atmosphere of caring exemplifying the mission of the Medical Center through kindness, helpfulness, respect and hospitality extended to others. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
- Offers ministry to patients and their families ages 0 and up, in order to help meet their various spiritual, psychological, emotional, human and social needs during their stay at St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Responds to and assesses sacramental needs of Catholic patients as assigned by the Director
- Provides pastoral counseling to patients, families and staff
- Counsels and prays with patients and/or families according to their needs.
- Celebrates Liturgy at the Medical Center as scheduled
- Assists the Director in decision making in regard to worship schedules, chapel
- Assumes peer relationships with Staff Chaplains and CPE supervisors.
- Is available to area clergy as resource person to enrich meaningful pastoral visits
- Provides training and orientation to area Eucharistic Ministers to provide for proper distribution of the sacrament in accordance with church doctrine and law
- Participates in memorial services as time and schedule permits
- Conducts funerals when asked and as time permits
- Masters Degree in Theology
- Ordained Priest of the Roman Catholic Church
- Letters of recommendation
- Ecclesiastical good standing confirmed by the local Bishop and Superior
- Successful completion of one (1) to fours (4) units of clinical pastoral education
- Board Certification by National Association of Catholic Chaplain
- Membership in NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains
Day/Eve/Night Rotation (United States of America)
$51542 - $77314 / year
The approximate base compensation range is posted, but the actual offer will reflect our total compensation and benefits package. The offer will be determined by a number of factors including the selected candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, FTE, as well as internal equity among our team.
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox