NP/PA - Family Medicine - Moorhead, MN
Job ID: R043177
Primary Location: Moorhead, Minnesota
31180 Family Practice
Utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, works independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. Provides health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. They may care for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly as noted in age-related category and area of expertise.
NP: Master's degree in nursing
PA: Bachelor’s degree in a health/science-related field
Join a collegial, team-oriented, and very progressive patient and family-centered care group committed to customer service and high-quality care in the growing metro area of Fargo-Moorhead. Work collaboratively with 5 Family Medicine Physicians and 4 Advanced Practice Clinicians in a busy yet positive atmosphere with a loyal patient following.
- .9 FTE, full-time status
- Mon-Fri between 8a-5p (36 patient contact hours per week)
- Family Medicine trained; prior experience preferred but may consider new grads
- 15-23 patients per day; procedures are variable
- Call is approximately every 8 weeks and via telephone
- Patient base that is ready for growth
- MN license required; may secure ND license if interested in picking up Walk-In Care shifts in other area clinics
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision-making skills, while working both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. The NP/PA will provide health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, caring for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly. As a member of the Care Team, utilizing Essentia Care Processes, the NP/PA works collaboratively with other care team members to achieve Care Team objectives, and to provide continuity of patient and family care. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Nursing or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.
- Primary care experience preferred; ability to care for all ages.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in appropriate state (if NP).
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in appropriate state.
- Current certification in CPR
- National certification, in applicable area.
- Successful completion of Essentia Health credentialing process prior to practice.
For more information, contact:
Kris Reardon | 701.361.6026 | Kristen.Reardon@EssentiaHealth.org
Day/Eve Rotation (United States of America)
$48.46 - $58.16 / hour
The approximate base compensation range is posted, but the actual offer will reflect our total compensation and benefits package. The offer will be determined by a number of factors including the selected candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, FTE, as well as internal equity among our team.
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox