CRNA - Anesthesia (CASUAL) - Virginia, MN
Job ID: R042249
Primary Location: Virginia, Minnesota
Essentia Virginia Hospital
Performs clinical anesthesia duties and takes appropriate responsibility for direct patient care and for on-call as assigned. Prioritizes anesthetic decisions, administers anesthetic agents following protocols and guidelines and communicates patient status to healthcare team members. This individual performs coordinating duties by facilitating staff coverage, assignments and breaks in the surgical area. This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span. The ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is required. The CRNA demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and/team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice of nursing through performance improvement initiatives. This individual is active in professional organizations and participates in community activities. The CRNA will ensure that the patient and family are partners in the plan of anesthesia care.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and nurse anesthesia.
About this position:
We are seeking a CRNA who is interested in working casual at Essentia Health-Virginia.
- Monday through Friday 0700-1530
- 8 Hours paid each shift
- No Call
- Notified by CRNA Manager of available shifts – first come, first serve
- General, ortho, podiatry, gynecology, ophthalmology, ENT
- Combined practice model (both MDA supervised and independently run cases)
- Holds a current license in the state of practice.
- Is certified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA); and has graduated from an accredited school of nurse anesthesia and is awaiting initial certification. Must pass certification exam within 12 months of graduation.
- Re-certified per the NBCRNA.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within 90 days of hire.
Interested? Apply online or contact:
Laurie Swor, Recruiter
Day/Eve/Night Rotation (United States of America)
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox