80 hours per pay period
Job ID: R055626
Primary Location: Fargo, North Dakota
32nd Avenue Building
45261 Chaplaincy Services
Plans, develops, organizes, and directs the day-to-day operations of the Chaplaincy Services in the west market in ways that contribute to meeting the mission and goals of Essentia Health. This role will do this by providing leadership and education that contributes to shaping a culture that embodies the spirituality, core values and mission of the system. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to develop and implement a relevant comprehensive chaplaincy program that serves patients, residents and staff. Will have direct patient care responsibilities depending on staffing and needs and will interact with patients in a way that is effective and appropriate to the age of the involved patient population. Responsible for ensuring that any applicable regulatory requirements are met.
- Effectively coordinates, supervises, and evaluates chaplaincy activities to ensure patient and resident care needs are meet while ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing levels
- Responsible for the chaplains’ education and competencies, new and enhanced spiritual care programs and oversight of departments’ standard work and processes
- Promotes spiritual care that is informed by and respects cultural religious differences. Ensues that the Ethical and Religious Directives (ERDs)s are honored as appropriate
- Interfaces with the community and local clergy to provide pastoral services and build community relations
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, divinity, ministry or related field
- Three years of experience in leading a pastoral care function
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education with board certification from recognized accredited program preferred or ability to obtain
- Three to five years of clinical experience
- Master's degree in related field
- Ecclesiastical endorsement
Day Rotation (United States of America)
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox