Pharmacy Technician- Mail Order Pharmacy *On The Job Training* (80 hours per pay period)
80 hours per pay period
$2,500 Sign On Bonus
Job ID: R054422
Primary Location: Superior, Wisconsin
Essentia Health Superior Belknap Pharmacy
45700 Pharmacy Call Center
Pharmacy Technicians are an integral part of the pharmacy team. Primary responsibilities of this role include processing prescriptions and interacting with and assisting customers to ensure a positive experience with Essentia Pharmacy. Job duties also include inventory control, non-sterile and/or sterile compounding, care of supplies and equipment, management of automation systems, and other duties as assigned by the pharmacist and pharmacy leadership. Up to $2,500 sign-on bonus!! Note- sign-on bonuses are prorated to FTE and apply to external applicants only.
If working in a MN location, must meet one of these three education/experience categories as defined by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy:
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician with maintenance of continuous registration as a pharmacy technician with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy dating back prior to January 1st, 2013
- Completion of a board-approved technician training program.
- Completion of the Essentia Health employer-based technician training program within first 90 days of employment
- OR Continuous registration with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist Intern
- Before hire, state registration in the state in which they will be working is required
- The applicant must to be at least 18 years of age and have graduated from high school or attained high school graduation equivalent (e.g. GED) for registration
- All float, casual positions and regular staff from sites in the Superior, Wisconsin location require registration in both Minnesota and Wisconsin
- All Wisconsin locations: may provide a "pending" application for registration
- Earns, through employer-based training program, and maintains Certification as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) within 1 year of hire
- Be currently enrolled as a Pharmacy student in an accredited Pharm.D. program
NOTE: Any Pharmacy Technician that has a dual position as an Intern or Pre-Intern does not need to have the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) nor the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) certification.
- Must maintain registration(s) (immediately) and certification(s) (post one year of employment) for the duration of employment
- Ongoing continuing education and license renewal as required by the state's Board of Pharmacy
Day Rotation (United States of America)
$17.46 - $25.96 / hour
The approximate base compensation range is posted, but the actual offer will reflect our total compensation and benefits package. The offer will be determined by a number of factors including the selected candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, FTE, as well as internal equity among our team.
USWA Technical Workers Clinic (UTECC)
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our Talent Community
Get the latest job openings and news right in your inbox